New York Man Dragged to Death by Subway After Clothing Gets Caught
A freak accident has lead to the death of a 39-year old man Tuesday night.
CBS NY reports that the Queens man was waiting for the subway when his clothing somehow got caught by one of the passing trains. The Post says the incident happened on the Number 7 platform at Grand Central Terminal. Police say the subway pulled the man into a staircase and on to an electrical box on the tracks.
The NY Post had reported that it may have been the man's shoulder bag that got caught by the train.
It is unclear exactly how the bag got caught, or whether it was caught by the doors or some other part of the subway.
An MTA spokeswoman had no other information about the accident, according to the NY Daily News.
Police are currently investigating.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America