NY Offering Tax Breaks to Companies That Hire Recovering Addicts
Recovering addicts looking for a second chance might have received a huge break from New York state.
Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that tax breaks will be offered to certified employers who hire recovered substance abuse addicts. The new hires can either full or part time. Rochester First says New York is the first state to offer such a program in the nation.
This tax incentive will help remove the stigma surrounding addiction and ensure those battling this disease can create a stable and sustainable path to recovery.
The new employees will have to work at least 500 hours before the tax credit kicks in. The program goes into effect in 2020.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of Americaís Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America