Next Thing For New York to Ban: Flamethrowers. Wait, They Were Legal?
Some people feel the state likes to ban things. Well, it's time to mark one more item off your checklist. But this one has a rather weird reason. A "boring" reason.
NBC is reporting that the New York State Senate passed a bill Wednesday that would make possession of a flamethrower a felony. Yes, apparently it was recently legal to own a flamethrower in the state of New York
The actual reason has to do with a promotion by multi billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk's tunneling business. NBC says that in January 2018, Musk's The Boring Company ran an online promotion where it sold the 20,000 of the "Not-A-Flamethrowers" at $500 each in just a few days.
The bill raises concerns that Musk's promotion didn't offer any sort of proper training for consumers.
NBC says there are a few exceptions; flamethrowers built before 1966, and ones used for agriculture and construction.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America