Once Popular Poughkeepsie Restaurant Set To Re-Open
A once popular Poughkeepsie bar and restaurant will re-open under new management with a new name and vibe. The long-vacant Spanky's will be revived as Nova's on Main Street this summer.
Chef/owner Vincent Delgado will be coming up with a menu focused on 'new Americana'. He plans to incorporate as many locally sourced ingredients as possible. In the meantime, work continues on renovations.
While an official opening date has yet to be chosen, it's coming soon. They'll be open Tuesday thru Sunday and for the first two weeks plan on being open only for dinner. Here's a look at their hours for your reference.
- Tuesday/Wednesday 4-9pm
- Thursday 11-3pm (lunch) and 4-11pm
- Friday/Saturday 11-3pm (lunch) and 4-11pm
- Sunday 10-3pm (brunch) and 4-9pm
Once owned by Rich LaVacca, Spanky's was known for their great cajun food. It's great to see one of Poughkeepsie's high profile empty buildings coming back to life.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America