Weigh In: What Should Be Open 24 Hours in the Hudson Valley?
What do you think should be open 24 hours a day in the Hudson Valley? Anything?
A quick chat with Brandi & Nick resulted in a few things that they think should be open 24 hours, (provided that this actually was an issue they had any say in).
- Any and all diners. Because when a person is hungry a person is hungry. Plus there is an issue when hungry becomes hangry. Hangry should be avoided at all costs.
- Dunkin Donuts. Ok, some locations are open 24 hours, but how often are you faced with the desire to get coffee and possibly a really tasty confection after 10:30PM and you are forced to deal with "squat" because the two locations closest to you are not open. Wait, go to the diner you say? See the first item.
- Grocery Stores. Each town should have at least one grocery store that is open 24-hours. Granted there might not be a lot of people shopping that late, but what about people who work nights and want to shop on their way home? Or people who go to work at 5am, and want to pick things up on the way to work?
- One pharmacy per town, to be able to get that one item that you need to make you feel better at 2AM.
- Lastly, the 'place' that should be open 24 hours is the laundromat. With peoples busy schedules sometimes the only time you have to get your 10 loads of laundry done is 2AM, or maybe that is the only time you will be able to have access to multiple dryers at the same time? Have you ever been to the laundromat at 2AM? What is the craziest thing that you have experienced there?
What are the places that you would like to see open 24 hours a day here in the Hudson Valley? Do you think that businesses should not be open 24 hours and that people should just learn how to plan accordingly? Let us know your thoughts.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV. Stream us live through the website, your Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WRRV mobile app.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America