Pennsylvania Man Named Stiff Stiffs the State Over $100K On Tolls
None of us like tolls, but one Pennsylvania man took toll evasion to a whole new level. Some say he really stiffed them.
The Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that a 36-year-old man named Jarrett Stiff skipped paying tolls on the Pennsylvania Turnpike 2,264 times from 2012 to 2017. Yeah, he stiffed them hard.
The Associated Press says Stiff has almost $128,000 in unpaid tolls and subsequent fines. Stiff avoided getting fully stiffed by the system himself, by pleading guilty in April to theft of services, and was ordered to pay over $11,500, which is a little better than $128,000.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of Americaís Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America