Police: Drunk Hudson Valley Woman Drives Over Drinking Buddy
A drunk Hudson Valley woman is accused of driving over her drinking buddies leg, moments after dropping him off at his home.
On Tuesday in Ulster County Court, 57-year-old Gloria Dee of Olivebridge was charged by an Ulster County Grand Jury with two counts of vehicular assault.
The charges stem from an incident on March 27, in the Town of Saugerties. Dee is accused of driving drunk and backing up into a friend she had just dropped off at his home.
In March, Saugerties police alleged Dee hit 65-year-old Scott Steyer of Saugerties while reversing her 2014 Volkswagen Jetta from Steyer's driveway. Prior to the accident, Dee and Steyer were drinking together and Dee hit Steyer with her car as he went to check his mailbox, police say.
Steyer then fell to the ground and Dee's car drove Steyer's leg, breaking it, according to the Saugerties Police Department. police say.
Steyer suffered a severely broken leg which required multiple surgeries and extensive physical therapy, according to the Ulster County District Attorneyn's office.
Dee’s breath sample indicated her blood alcohol content was allegedly over .08.
- Neighbors of Hudson Valley Porta-Potty Company Says Area Stinks
- New York Man in Underwear Saves 3 Cars From Flood, Loses Job
- Marijuana is Officially Decriminalized in New York State
- 'Money Grab:' Is New York State and the DMV Scamming New Yorkers?
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Over Immigration Crackdown
- Tick Carrying a Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Found Near New York
- Cops: Hudson Valley Sex Offender Raped Child, More Victims Likely
- Man On The Run From Police in Hudson Valley For Nearly 20 Years
- Hudson Valley Man Arranged to Meet Teen At Mall For Sex