Police: Man Dies Retrieving Items From Burning Hudson Valley Home
One person died retrieving items during a house fire in the Hudson Valley.
On Tuesday around 2:30 a.m., firefighters battled heavy fire conditions at a home off Old Post Road in Esopus. Two were able to safely flee the burning home. However, officials say, a third unnamed person died from injuries sustained in the fire.
According to the Ulster County Sheriff's Office, the homeowner reported being awakened by a smoke alarm and seeing the fire. The homeowner and a house guest were able to safely escape the home and called 911.
Those two people told authorities a third house guest, in the basement area of the house, said he was going to retrieve items from the home. The man was later found dead on the first floor of the home during firefighting efforts, the Ulster County Sheriff's Office reports.
The man's name is being withheld pending notification of his family. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Car Chased By Cops Crashes Into Hudson Valley Home, 1 Likely Dead
- Police: Man Dies Retrieving Items From Burning Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Scalding 2-Year-Old
- SLA: 4 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors
- DEC: Hiker Falls, Slides 40 Feet Down Popular Hudson Valley Falls
- Hudson Valley Woman Found Dead in Local Hotel Room
- Justin Bieber Engaged to Girl From the Hudson Valley
- Potentially Fatal Insect-Spread Virus Confirmed in Hudson Valley
- Pet Owner Abandons Dog in Hudson Valley With No Food, Water