Police: Man Threatened To Blow Up Bank in Dutchess County
According to the New York State Police, a man threatened to blow up the Trustco Bank in Wappinger late Tuesday morning.
Police say the man entered the bank off Route 9 and Myers Corner Road right before noon, carrying a black umbrella. NY State Police say the man threatened to blow up the bank with a device so he could gain access to the vault. He made off with an "undisclosed amount," of money, police allege.
The search continues for the suspect, a white male, last seen dressed all in black with a ski mask. Multiple agencies are involved in the search. if you have information, call the NY state police at 845-677-7300 and reference case No. 8994748.
More on this story as details develop.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America