Police Still Looking For Alleged Hudson Valley Stop & Shop Thief
Police identified the woman they believe stole a number of cosmetic items from Stop & Shop. However, help is still needed to find her.
On Thursday, the Monroe Police Department announced they are investigating a larceny that happened in November at the Stop & Shop supermarket in the Village of Monroe.
The woman seen in the above picture is accused of stealing a number of cosmetic items from the supermarket.
The public helped police identify the woman as 22-year-old Ciara C. Westervelt. She is known to frequent the Tuxedo area, police say. She is still wanted for questioning.
According to Monroe police, Westervelt deactivated her Facebook account after the photo they posted of her was shared numerous times.
Anyone with information about her current whereabouts is asked to contact the Monroe Police Department immediately at 845-782-8644. All calls will be kept confidential. Police also advise if you are in contact with Westervelt, tell her to turn herself in.
- Potentially Dangerous Animal Terrorizes Hudson Valley Town
- Fire Destroys Hudson Valley Bowling Alley
- Same-Sex Couple Weds at West Point
- $4,000 Found and Returned Outside Hudson Valley Restaurant
- Police: Drunk Man Drove in Hudson Valley With Loaded Deadly Rifle
- Driver Walks Away From Horrific Accident on Palisades Parkway
- The Price is Right is Coming Back to the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Resident Selected in Major League Soccer Draft
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley