Police Stop New York Man Riding Motorized Scooter He Allegedly Stole From Store
Some people haven't gotten the word that those motorized grocery carts are not for you take. This was case, according to the Democrat & Chronicle, when police stopped a 30 year-old man from Canandaigua, NY who was leisurely riding down the road in a motorized scooter he allegedly stole from a nearby Wegmans grocery store.
Police say the man also stole $1,000 dollars worth of groceries.
What's crazy is that wasn't the first incident in the area, as the Democrat & Chronicle reports that a Monroe County woman did the same thing just about a week before. Police say they found a Wegmans scooter parked in a handicapped spot at an apartment complex. This has been an ongoing issues, as the D&C says that a woman had repeatedly taken carts home with her from a Wegmans location from Penfield, NY.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America