Police: Woman Struck, Killed After Exiting Vehicle in Dutchess County
New York State Police investigated a fatal motor vehicle collision on State Route 82 in the Town of Washington.
Initial investigation found a white 2006 BMW 325 was parked southbound on State Route 82 near South Road in the center of her lane of travel with her vehicle flashers on.
The operator, identified as Hope A. McLucas, age 54, of Pleasant Valley, NY, exited her vehicle possibly to attend to raccoons on or near the roadway and was standing in the northbound lane when she was struck and killed by a northbound 2011 Toyota Tundra.
McLucas was pronounced deceased on scene by responding emergency medical personnel.
This investigation remains on-going, but there are no criminal charges at this time.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America