Popular New York Beach Celebrates 90th Anniversary
One of New York's most popular beaches has been around for 90 years and is celebrating with prices from 1929. Jones Beach turns 90 on Sunday and instead of $10 for parking, it'll cost just 50 cents.
The celebration features a 400-pound birthday cake, 9,990 cupcakes and a series of performances and historical commemorations all weekend. New York Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt formally dedicated the park on August 4th, 1929.
More than six million people a year visit Jones Beach and has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 2005. More than $100 million in improvements have been completed since 2011 with more work on the way. Projects are expected to be completed sometime in 2020.
Happy Birthday, Jones Beach!
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center