Popular Rosendale Tavern Set For Big Changes
The popular Red Brick Tavern will be undergoing some major changes and is set to reopen this fall as a Sante Fe Burger Bar.
According to Hudson Valley One, the sale of the tavern by Bill and Michell Loughlin will see owners of three area Sante Fe restaurants take over the day to day operations. This will be their fourth location as they operate establishments in Tivoli, Woodstock, and Kingston.
The building itself has been around for more than 115 years. It was built in the 1890s and was originally a lumber and coal yard. The new owners don't plan to change a whole lot but new floors are on the agenda. They also plan to put the back patio to better use by installing new fencing and landscaping.
The plan is to rehire and retrain as much Red Brick Tavern staff as possible and will be announcing a grand opening date sometime soon. The menu choice of focusing on craft burgers instead of Tex-Mex is because owners felt it was too close to their Kingston location.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center