Poughkeepsie Route 9 Exit To Close Through December 20th
Traffic on Route 9 in the city of Poughkeepsie will likely be affected by an exit ramp closure that will run into December.
The Poughkeepsie Journal reports the southbound ramp at Laurel Street will be closed from Monday through December 20th. Drivers used to taking the exit will be forced to use a detour. The exit is commonly used to access Rinaldi Boulevard as well as places like Mahoney's and Shadows/Grandview.
On the other side of Dutchess County, through November 24th on the Taconic State Parkway, they'll be doing work to seal cracks in the pavement between exits 58 (Pleasant Valley) and Exit 41 (East Fishkill) both north and southbound from 7 AM until 4 PM. It's a moving operation so there will be mobile lane closures and drivers are asked to be cautious.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center