Poughkeepsie to Host National Grocery Bagger Competition
A local grocery store will be the site of a heated competition this month.
The National Grocers Association is holding a contest to find the best grocery bagger in the United States. The challenge invites the very best grocery workers to face each other in a heated competition of their bagging skills.
Leading up to the 2020 National Championships in February, states across the country will be holding their own state competitions to see who will make it to the finals. Workers that make it to the championships will be able to compete for the $10,000 grand prize. The annual competition has been held every year since 1983 and is no laughing matter. Check out this heated final round from the 2016 finals hosted by Food Network star, Duff Goldman.
On September 21 grocery workers will be coming from all over New York State to the Stop and Shop store on Route 9 in Poughkeepsie for the State Bagging Competition. Baggers will be given two minutes to place 30 to 38 grocery items into reusable bags. Points will be given for speed, weight distribution and technique. Baggers will need to load the bags in proper order, making sure to keep heavy items like cans and boxes on the bottom and fragile foods like eggs on top.
The New York State Bagging Competition will take place at Stop and Shop at 2540 South Road on September 21 at 10am. Baggers wishing to compete can register for the contest online
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center