Powfu Outlasts Twenty One Pilots, Killers On This Weeks Countdown
Weeknights at 8 PM WRRV counts down the most in-demand Alternative songs in the Hudson Valley. Here's a look at the top 5 songs for the week of June 1.
The Black Keys recently were forced to cancel one of the most anticipated tours of summer with Gary Clark due to the pandemic. 'Shine A Little Light' is making waves at number five this week.
Australian rockers Tame Impala are back on the countdown at number four with their spacey new track 'Lost In Yesterday'. Kevin Parker is the mastermind behind Tame Impala, a band he started in his bedroom.
The generous Twenty One Pilots are donating some of the proceed from their new song to out of work road crew and stagehands. 'Level of Concert' slips from number one last week to number three.
The Killers improve their position going from 3-2 with 'Caution'. The track appears on their new album 'Imploding the Mirage' which was originally due to be released on May 29. They'll be announcing a new release date soon.
Powfu is a Canadian alt hip hop artist who's making a name for himself in the States. He first was discovered on the social media platform Tik Tok and he's now seeing real-world success across the country. 'death bed' makes it all the way to number one this week after stalling at two for several weeks in a row.
5. Black Keys 'Shine A Little Light'
4. Tame Impala 'Lost In Yesterday'
3. Twenty One Pilots 'Level of Concern'
2. The Killers 'Caution'
1. Powfu 'death bed'
Thanks for supporting the WRRV Buzzcuts!
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center
- Hudson Valley Restaurants