Report: Syracuse Coach Jim Boeheim Hits, Kills Man Walking on Upstate Interstate
In an unbelievable story developing out of Syracuse, The Post-Standard is reporting that men's basketball coach Jim Boeheim struck and killed a man walking on Interstate 690 around midnight Wednesday.
One source says the man killed had been in a crash in his own vehicle. Syracuse.com says there were four other passengers with him at the time of the accident. As of now, the reason is not known how the vehicle crashed, or if there were any other injuries involved.
At some point, the man, who investigators are saying is in his 30s, got out of the vehicle and began walking along the interstate. This is reportedly when Boeheim struck the pedestrian.Syracuse had just played a game Wednesday night at the Carrier Dome.
Boeheim has been at Syracuse for 43 seasons, and is one of the most recognized and winningest coaches in college basketball history.
Boeheim is cooperating with police. More details as they emerge.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America