REPORT: Woman Tried To Open Plane Door Mid-Flight
CBS is reporting that a 20 year-old woman attempted to open a door on a Delta flight that had originated from Raleigh, North Carolina and was on its way to New York. Passengers say the young woman became suicidal and tried to force the service door open as the plane was in the air.
CBS says the woman had previously been the victim of a crime, though they did not clarify what the crime was.
One passenger Tweeted that the distraught woman was "screaming her head off", as her father pulled from the door. While there was no way the door open mid-flight, the passenger described the young woman's shrieks as "terrifying".
CBS says the plane landed safely at LaGuardia Airport early Friday afternoon without further incident. The woman was reportedly taken off the plane.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of Americaís Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America