Roads, Driveways Covered in Ice on Thursday; Schools Delayed
If you're just getting up this morning you should probably be prepared to chip away at your car this morning.
Early morning commuters should give themselves extra time to get to work. While driving will be slow on side roads due to ice and sleet, the real work will be just getting out of the driveway.
Yesterday's snow was followed by sleet and freezing rain, which has created a sheet of ice on most driveways, sidewalks and parking lots. If not properly treated before the storm, the ground coverings will have a thick coating of slippery ice on them.
At 6am traffic was slow on I-84 as crews tend to a slipped-over Tractor Trailer between exits 18 and 19. Many schools in our area are on a delay, so be sure to check our online database for the latest information.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America