Robbers at New York Bodega Take on Cash Register. Cash Register 1, Robbers 0
Police say two crooks decided to rob a bodega in New York, the only problem was that neither of these buffoonish hoodlums took into account just how tough the store's cash register would really be.
The NY Post says the alleged crime took place October 21, though police just released the surveillance video Monday. Police say early that morning, a man entered the Thunder Deli in Brooklyn to buy water. Then, unexpected to the store employees, another man sneaked in behind him carrying a gun. The Post says the first man grabbed the clerk working the counter, while his armed accomplice goes behind the register in an attempt to grab the loot.
With his gun pointed at the clerk, the second man then tries to open the register only to find it won't budge. The video shows the man attempt to open the register before finally giving up and fleeing. Police say after all the trouble, both men left the deli without anything.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America