Saugerties Cancels Part of Independence Day Festivities
The Village of Saugerties has made some changes to the way that they will present Independence Day activities for 2020. As of right now, the parade is happening on July 5, 2020 but it will be done a little differently to keep residents safe. The parade will be done with the emergency vehicles and will be done in a drive-by style. There will be no marchers, plus there will be other, as yet unnamed, restrictions.
According to the Village of Saugerties website, the Lions Club has gone ahead and cancelled the annual fireworks display. The announcement states that this decision was made with great concern and care for not only those who would be a part of the parade and festivities, but also the spectators.
What will your Independence Day celebration look like this year? If you have photos or video that you would like to share of your past 4th of July celebration, please do! You can share them with us using the LITE-FM app.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Restaurants
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America