Six Work From Home Tips For Hudson Valley Workers
Working from home can be a big adjustment, here are six tips to help you get through the day. Much respect and thanks to all the essential workers still on the job doing their thing.
- Create a routine - Having a schedule is best, a little structure goes a long way.
- Make your bed - Making your bed first thing gives you an initial win to build off of the rest of the day, and when in doubt its good to get back to basics. Brush your teeth too while you're at it.
- Get dressed - As tempting as it is to hop on that conference call in your underwear with a button-down shirt or blouse up top, put your pants on people. However, for dress-down Fridays, you're in charge of office decor now. You rock that pair of boxer shorts to your hearts' delight.
- Overcommunicate - You're no longer right down the hall from the boss and all your co-workers. Overshare but don't share too much. Jim from accounting doesn't need to know you just passed wind.
- Leave the house - It's important to get some fresh air and a little sunshine. With the weather getting nicer you can take a walk around the neighborhood and still keep your social distance.
- Take it easy - Don't be too hard on yourself, everyone is going through some pretty heavy emotions right now so chill.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center