Statewide DWI Crackdown Announced For Memorial Day Weekend
On Thursday, Governor Cuomo announced a statewide DWI crackdown for Memorial Day weekend. New York State Police and local law enforcement officials will be launching increased patrols to combat drunk, impaired and reckless driving. The enforcement period begins on Friday and runs through the holiday.
Memorial Day weekend in 2018, more than 230 people were arrested for drinking and driving in New York state. 13,318 tickets were issued and there were 154 accidents investigated, eight of which were fatalities.
Memorial Day weekend marks the start of the summer travel season, meaning more traffic and the potential for dangerous driving on highways. As State Police and local law enforcement step up their efforts to crack down on impaired and reckless driving this weekend, I am urging all motorists to drive responsibly, don't get behind the wheel if you have been drinking, and plan ahead for a sober ride home.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center