Strange Odor Diverts Dominican Bound Flight to JFK
NBC is reporting that a JetBlue flight out of Newark was diverted back to JFK Airport after crew and passengers complained of an unusual odor.
And while the news may sound a bit strange, the unidentified smell was bad enough that it made passengers suffer from dizziness and vomiting. NBC says the incident happened Sunday morning, as Flight 1203 bound for Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, had to turn around not long after take off.
The move was a precautionary one, according to JetBlue. The airline said in a statement:
The aircraft will be inspected before returning to service, and flight 1203 will continue to Santo Domingo on a different aircraft.
It is unclear how many passengers became ill. It is also unclear what caused the odor; whether it was something leaking from the aircraft, something brought onboard, or something weird emanating from a particular passenger.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America