Student From the Hudson Valley Seriously Hurt During Fraternity Hazing
CBS s reporting that a student from Port Chester went into cardiac arrest early Friday after an alleged fraternity house hazing went terribly wrong. details are still sketchy at this time, but the incident happened off campus at a house near the University of Buffalo.
CBS says that police believe the Sigma Pi fraternity may have made the 18 year-old perform excessive exercise which could have contributed to cardiac arrest.
Investigators don't believe, however, that drugs or alcohol were involved. The President for the college says that all Greek life activities have been suspended temporarily as police investigate.
More details as they emerge.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of Americaís Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America