Study: 24% of Hudson Valley Residents Rely on NYC for Work
A new study from Marist College reveals how many local residents commute to New York City for work.
Westfair Online reports that Marist College's Bureau for Economic Research performed a study that looked at the relationship between the demand for jobs in the Hudson Valley with the supply. The study was of data from 2015 through 2017. The study found that over 25% of Hudson Valley residents who do work commute to their main job in New York City.
According to Westfair Online, 58.6% of Hudson Valley residents who worked had their main jobs located in the region in 2017. 43.5% of Hudson Valley residents were able to work in the county where they lived. However, this number rose to 44.4% for Westchester County.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center