Sunoco Gas Station Canopy Collapses in New York State
Heavy snow blanketed the region earlier this week, causing downed trees and power lines in many parts of the Hudson Valley. But other parts of the state got even more snow. Some areas north of the Hudson Valley saw over 20 inches in one of the heaviest early season snowfalls in some time. One business owner feels that the snow was the reason part of a canopy collapsed Wednesday.
CNY Central is reporting that the canopy of a Sunoco Gas Station in Cicero fell Wednesday afternoon causing damage to some vehicles. The general manager says the structure had been instructed just a few months back.
The Sunoco owner was actually about to get out of his car when the structure collapsed.
I pulled in to get gas, shut off the ignition and was getting ready to get out and I heard a big old crunch and looked and the awning was on top of my vehicle.
No injuries were reported.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America