The Average New Yorker Has HOW Much Credit Card Debt?
A new study has been released that details the average amount of credit card debt per state.
According to Chamberofcommerce.org, the average American has roughly $1 trillion in credit card debt. Alaska and Virginia have the highest amount of credit card debt of all the U.S. Alaska has the most with $10,685 in credit card debt. The average Virginia resident has roughly $9,120 in credit card debt. They will pay over $11,000 in interest by paying the minimum balance.
Within New York State, the average person has a credit card balance of $8,510. The median income in New York is $69,894. According to Chamberofcommerce.org, it would take 12 months to pay off the balance with 15% of your income going towards the balance. If you only paid off 2% of the debt each month, the monthly payment would be $170 and would take 112 months to pay off. You would pay a total amount of $10,552 in interest alone.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America