The Most Loved Side Dish at a Bar-B-Que is?
So you are getting ready to head to a backyard BBQ, what food dish or side item are you most looking forward to eating? Is there one that you have to eat first?
Taking a quick sample around the radio station here is what we have discovered are the side dish items that are peoples favorites and thus disappear first from the table:
- Potato salad. This item scored the highest and was on everyone's list
- Deviled eggs. This had some lovers and some absolute haters, but it made the list.
- Corn. It could be corn on the cob, a corn salad, some sort of corn made the list
- Macaroni salad. This made it to about 85% of everyone's list
- Cake. This was what every one wanted and it didn't have to be a fancy cake. One of those sheet cakes with cool whip and berries, would be excellent. Wait, is cake a side dish or a dessert?
- Coleslaw made it to the list on 75% of peoples list. Of course, we could not agree on how to make the coleslaw, would it be traditional, vinegar, or Asian style, no one could agree on this.
- Baked beans. Again, not on everyone's list, but it is considered a bbq staple by at least 50% of the people who were in the survey.
What do you think is the most important side dish to have at a BBQ? Let us know, in the comments below.