The Popular Planet Wings Plans Return To Poughkeepsie
A 2017 fire and eventual sale of the location had local residents wondering if Planet Wings in Poughkeepsie would return. Not only will they be back, but you'll be able to get pizza right next door.
The Poughkeepsie Journal reports Franco and Paula Fidanza who founded both Planet Wings and Pizza e Birra hope to remodel and expand on a vacant bank space on Main Street and place both establishments next to each other.
Located at 830 Main Street across from Formosa Cuisine, the building once housed a branch of the Catskill Hudson Bank which closed last summer. The plan before the Town of Poughkeepsie planning board would add nearly 1000 square feet to the building while adding an outdoor area to eat.
A Verizon store sits on the old Planet Wings property at 661 Dutchess Turnpike right up the street.
This all leads to an important question. Pizza, wings or both?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America