Think the Snow is Bad Here in the Hudson Valley? Check Out This House in New York State!
While this winter hasn't been too bad so far in the Hudson Valley, the forecast is calling for a moderate accumulation of snowfall Sunday night into Monday. But other parts of New York state are having it much worse. Imagine if your entire home was entombed in a sheet of ice?
That's what one woman saw when she pulled up to her property on Lake Ontario earlier this week. A combination of strong winds and huge waves off the lake crashed up against the camp area, causing the home to be frozen solid in feet of ice. In fact, CNY Central says the waves were so high the roof line of the house was just a few feet above ground level.
The stacked layer of ice has even blocked the view of Lake Ontario completely.
The really sad part is to think what will happen to the homes when all the ice starts to melt.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America