This is the Safest Place to Own a Car in the Hudson Valley
Who would have thought it?
If you live in Ulster County, a new report says that the city of Kingston is one of New York States safest places to own a car, according to News 10.
The month of July is actually National Vehicle Theft Prevention Month because they say that the summertime is when most car thefts occur and the fact that a Hudson Valley City has made this list is a big deal, especially for Kingston, which often times gets a bad wrap.
Kingston along with Watertown, Glens Falls, Ithaca, and Elmira are among the 20 regions in the nation with the lowest percentage of car thefts which now officially makes New York among the safest states in the nation to own a car.
The DMV also released the top 4 ways that we can all protect our cars this summer including:
1. Take your keys out of the car, never leave them in or on your vehicle.
2. Close and lock all windows and doors when you park.
3. Park in well lit areas and if possible, park in a garage.
4. Never leave valuables in your vehicle and if you have to, make sure they are not in plain sight.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center