Uber Driver Assaulted With Seatbelt By Passenger On The Palisades Parkway
This has got to be one of the worst things imaginable for any Uber, Lyft, or taxi service driver. You just never know who's getting into your vehicle sometimes.
LoHud is reporting that a 21 year-old Uber driver was assaulted by his passenger along the Palisades Parkway Friday night. According to LoHud, there doesn't seem to be any actual reason or motive for the attack either. The attacker's weapon of choice? Police say the 44 year-old suspect from Stony Point in Rockland County hit and choked the younger driver with a seat belt.
Police say the attack happened in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
The driver was luckily able to stop along the parkway to alert a police officer who was conducted an unrelated traffic stop.
LoHud reports that the suspect was arrested and faces charges including aggravated assault and resisting arrest, The victim was taken by EMTs and then released.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of Americaís Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America