Unemployment Down Throughout The Hudson Valley
The jobless rate has decreased in the Hudson Valley compared to the same time last year.
The Daily Freeman reports that the July 2019 unemployment rates in the Hudson Valley region have dropped. Across New York State, the unemployment rate remained stable. It was at 4.2% in July 2018 and stayed at 4.2% for July 2019. The highest unemployment rate in New York State was Bronx County. It had a 6.1% unemployment rate in July 2018.
According to the Daily Freeman, Ulster County dropped from 3.8% in July 2018 to 3.7% in July 2019. Dutchess County also saw a drop in unemployment, going from 3.7% in July 2018 to 3.6% for July 2019. Also in the Hudson Valley, Orange County remained stagnant, staying at 3.9% in July 2018 and July 2019.
In the Catskills region, the Daily Freeman reports that Columbia County dropped from 3% in July 2018 to 2.9% in July 2019. Sullivan county went from 3.6% in July 2018 to 3.3% in July 2019. Greene County remained at 4.1% in July 2018 and July 2019. Delaware County actually saw unemployment rise, going from 4.4% in July 2018 to 4.5% in July 2019.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center