We Rank the Top Smells at the Dutchess County Fair
Everyone talks about the sights, sounds and tastes of the Dutchess County Fair, but for us, the smells are the real thrill.
During a discussion about the Dutchess County Fair, My co-host Robyn and I came to the conclusion that the variety of aromas that surround you at the fair are the real attractions. Walking around the fairgrounds Rhinebeck you'll find yourself surrounded by some of the most unique and satisfying aromas of the year.
Here are just some of our favorites:
- Peanuts being roasted over an open flame
- Sausage and Peppers
- Fresh popcorn
- Cedar planks being burned as souvenirs
- Flowers and greenery in the horticultural barn
- Those cinnamon glazed nuts
- Roasting corn
- Fresh hay
- Cotton Candy
- Hand-cut french fries
Do you have a favorite smell at the Dutchess County Fair? Let us know in the comments section below or on our Facebook page.
And, if you're planning on attending the fair this year, be sure to check out our list of little-known discounts that could save you quite a bit of cash at the gate.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America