Where Does New York Rank Among the Nation’s Most Obese States?
The obesity epidemic across the United States isn't getting better. According to WalletHub, the country spends over $200 billion in annual health care costs related to obesity. So where are the country's biggest states, and where exactly does New York rank among them?
1) Obesity & Overweight Prevalence, 2) Health Consequences and 3) Food & Fitness.
Each dimension of research was then evaluated using twenty nine different metrics. WalletHub graded each metric using a 100 point scale. So where is New York? Number 40. Not too bad, compared to other states - though last year, New York was 44th.
Like the rest of the country, New Yorkers continue to get bigger.According to state health records, twenty five percent of residents in the New York are now considered obese. Here's the fattest states in America:
- West Virginia
24) Pennsylvania. 29) New Jersey. 48) Connecticut 49) Massachusetts
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America