Why You Shouldn’t Use Airport USB Charging Stations
You know those super convenient phone charging stations? Yea, don't use them.
Nothing is worse than being stuck with a dead phone on a flight. There goes my hours of entertainment as I'm sky high. I always get psyched when I see the phone charging stations. Well turns out, you really shouldn't use them. According to Forbes, cybercriminals can modify the USB connections to install malware on your phone or even download data without you knowing.
Forbes reports that if you really have to charge your phone, use your own charger and plug it into a wall outlet. Or, if that's not an option, use a portable power bank. But if you absolutely have to use a public phone charging station, you should invest in a dongle to add onto your charging cord that blocks data from passing down the cord.
Safe travels and charging!
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America