Winter May Be Over in the Hudson Valley, Though One NY Town Got Nearly A Foot of Snow
Mother Nature had her own way of pulling an April Fool's prank on one part of the state Monday. And by prank, we're talking about almost a foot of snow.
NY Upstate is reporting that Lake Effect snow blasted parts of Oneida County where both Verona Beach and Durhamville picked up 11.4 inches of snow. Of course, this kind of snow isn't unusual in the western and central parts of New York state this time of year.
In fact, according to CNY Central, Syracuse has received as much as 4.4 inches of snow as late as May 11, so folks in that part of state aren't putting their snow boots away just yet.
The Hudson Valley region isn't immune to April snow , as we saw in 2018. The good news however is that we're expected to totally miss the approaching coastal Nor'easter that will impact parts of New England by Wednesday.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America