March in Poughkeepsie to Fight Human Trafficking
It's one of the fastest growing crimes in the world. It could be happening right here in our own backyard. What can be done? This weekend you can join hundreds and march to help draw awareness to this cause.
It may not be something that we think about often but right now there are millions of people who are being held against their will and being abused for someone's personal or financial gain. Sounds disgusting, right? Didn't we fight a war to end this?
Though it is hard to believe, slavery is more prominent than ever and you can help change that.
This weekend in Poughkeepsie hundreds will be rallying to march and draw awareness towards the human trafficking epidemic in this country. According to statistics from The World Counts, it is estimated that there are over 30 million slaves in the world. Human slavery is not just limited to sex. Labor and organ harvesting are also major factors that make human trafficking a billion dollar industry.
If you'd like to participate you can sign up HERE.
Walk for Freedom Poughkeepsie
What to bring: Walk for Freedom t-shirt (or wear all black).
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America