10 People For Thanksgiving Dinner For How Much?
The American Farm Bureau every year publishes a report as to how much they think it will cost someone to prepare a turkey dinner for 10 for Thanksgiving. This year they say that it will actually cost nearly the same as it did last year and set someone back $49.
More specifically, last year cost $48.90 this year, 2019 will cost $48.91. Insert eye roll here.
Here is what they purchase for the meal to get you to that $48.91:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Rolls with butter
- A veggie tray
- Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream
- Coffee with milk
All of the above is how they break down the cost. Allegedly, there will even be leftovers. Yes, this does take into account that you would make the pies and the stuffing.
Does your family also have a ham to go with the turkey on Thanksgiving? Then they say expect the ham, frozen green beans and potatoes will bring your cost to $63.32 or just about $6 per person.
Are you the kind of shopper that can make this happen? Or do you call BS? Let us know how much money you spent on your Thanksgiving family meal.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America