1 West Point Cadet Killed, 22 Injured in Crash
UPDATE: As of 10AM Thursday, June 6, the West Point Military Academy has confirmed on Twitter that one person has died and 20 cadets along with two soldiers were injured. Details regarding the accident are under investigation.
Some 20 West Point Cadets were involved in a motor vehicle accident on Thursday morning, June 6.
According to NBC 4, "A major emergency response is underway after a crash near the U.S. Military Academy." A crash was reported in West Point at Route 293 and Natural Bridge Road around 7:30AM Thursday.
One cadet has been airlifted to a hospital with serious injuries while four or five other cadets were transported to another hospital nearby. Military police say those four or five cadets were not in critical condition.
West Point public affairs confirmed the crash to NBC 4. They also tweeted emergency vehicles were responding and to avoid Route 293.
We will follow this story with updates as they come in.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America