Are You Allowed to Wear a White Dress to a Wedding?
Wedding etiquette is important to know this time of year. I thought this rule was a no brainer.
We've answered those RSVP cards. We've bought cards, new ties, shoes and maybe even a new dress. We're in the thick of wedding season. Are you allowed to wear a white dress to a wedding?
Put yourself in a bride's position. It's your special day and you've dropped just over $1,000 on a dress and that's on the more inexpensive side. You rightfully assume that you're going to be the only woman there in white. Then your cousin Jackie shows up in a shiny white dress and upstages you. Is it appropriate? Is it tacky?
"You don't show up to a wedding in a white dress. It's an unspoken rule."
A woman is currently being blasted on social media for showing up to a wedding in white? Did she miss the memo? Maybe these rules need to be written down?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America