Bannerman Island Set To Open To Private Boaters
Bannerman Island Castle Trust has announced an opening date for private boaters. Beginning Monday June 15 visitors will be able to experience the island with a reservation. Anyone with a kayak, canoe, or small motorboat can step foot on Pollepel Island and go on a self-guided tour.
The water immediately surrounding the island can be anywhere from 1.5 - 3 feet depending on the tide. Reservations can be made via the Bannerman website. Please note that boaters cannot just show up to the dock without a reservation and motorboats can have no more than 10 people. Each reservation secures 1.5 hours of time along with access to experience the island.
For those who don't have a boat, Bannerman Castle Trust has teamed with Storm King Adventure Tours who will offer kayak tours of the island.
As far as a full opening of the island they're ready to resume tours aboard the Estuary Steward on July 2nd which would coincide with New York State reaching Phase 4 in the reopening from COVID-19.
Have you experienced Bannerman Island yet?
Bannerman Castle Trust is an organization dedicated to the preservation of Pollepel Island, often referred to as Bannerman Island. Their goal is the continued restoration of the island for educational, cultural, and heritage cultural events. You can link up with more information about the island's history on its website.
Unique Hudson Valley Bed and Breakfast Up for Sale
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center
- Hudson Valley Restaurants