Brew U 2019 to Take Place at the Culinary Institute of America
This special type of "learning" will take place on Saturday, Oct. 19 at The Egg at the Culinary Institute of America's campus. During the course of the day, you will be able to sample beers from local breweries paired with food samples made at the CIA. In addition to all of your 'tasting research' you will get to tour the campus brewery and enjoy the live entertainment.
Also included in the price of your ticket (they are referring to this on the ciachef.edu website as your syllabus), includes the opportunity to attend lectures on other topics, including making cocktails with beers, pairing foods with beers and more information on what makes sour beers different, just to name a few.
Here are a few of the breweries that are scheduled to be participating:
- Angry Orchard
- Blue Collar Brewery
- Brooklyn Brewery
- Captain Lawrence Brewing
- Crossroads Brewing
- Hudson Ale Works
- Hudson Valley Malt
- Hyde Park Brewing
- Indian Ladder Farms Cidery & Brewery
- Interboro Brewing & Distilling
- Kings County Brewery Collective (KCBC)
- Newburgh Brewing
- Plan Bee Farm Brewing
- Rare Form Brewing
- Rip Van Winkle Brewing
- Sloop Brewing
Tickets range from $30 for a designated driver ticket to $120 for the VIP treatment, which does include an additional hour of festivities and tastings. If you purchase your tickets before September 4, 2019 there is a bit of a discount.
All participants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America