Hudson Valley Back To School: Brush Up on Bus Safety
Labor Day weekend has come and gone, which means one thing. School is back in session.
Most Hudson Valley students will head back to school on Wednesday or Thursday this week. With that being said, traffic patterns will be change and there will be the addition of more school buses during your morning commute.
Safety outlets are reminding drivers to be patient and respect the rules of the road, especially when it comes to buses.
The East Fishkill Police Department shared this reminder on Facebook about how drivers should proceed when they see a bus stop sign out.
They also remind you that if you are to pass a stopped bus, you could be fined anywhere between $250- $400 and up to 5 points on your license.
Here's to a happy and safe school year for everyone going back this week!
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center