Central Valley Japanese Restaurant Opening in February
The building that once housed the popular Gasho of Japan Sushi Steakhouse is set to open as Iron Chef after more than a million dollars in renovations.
The Times Herald-Record reports new owner, restauranteur David Chen has spent the last year cleaning and renovating the building and will be offering up a similar menu with some exciting new options. He is currently hiring staff and putting the finishing touches on the highly anticipated project while waiting until warmer weather to spruce up the landscaping on the property.
Chen is no stranger to the restaurant business. He also owns Iron Chef Hibachi & Asian Fusion in Newburgh along with a Wallingford, Ct location. He formerly owned Kodomo Asian Bistro on Route 9 in Wappingers Falls which he sold to his employees.
Gasho closed in May of 2017 and the property has been vacant since.
Will you be giving Iron Chef a try when they open for business?
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center