Route 9W Construction Will Cause Traffic Delays
Deteriorating crosswalks are set to be replaced along Route 9W in Port Ewen and local residents are being advised to give themselves a few extra minutes on their commute.
According to a post from the Town of Esopus Facebook page, the construction is being done by the New York State Department of Transportation. The work was scheduled by the DOT as the Town has no control over such matters.
The stretch of Route 9W from River Road to Old U.S. Route 9W will be under construction for approximately eight days, depending on the weather. As a result, this portion of 9W will be reduced to one lane during this time. Traffic patterns will shift and cars will alternate turns, so you can expect traffic in the area.
The Kingston Port Ewen Suspension Bridge will be closed from the 24th through the 27th as well along with July 1st and 2nd for repairs so if you can avoid this area during this time, it might be a good idea.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center