Construction Of 24 Cabins Approved For Hutton Brickyards
The Kingston Planning Board has approved a proposal that would see 24 cabins constructed on the Hutton Brickyards property. The cabins would replace existing 'glamping' tents according the a report from the Daily Freeman.
The planned cabins are expected to be completed by the summer of 2020 and will include a reception house, covered outdoor area, shared bathroom building and utility structure. The cabins will measure 12 by 30 feet and will not include a kitchen. The planned upgrades will sit on nearly 75 acres of land and will be accessible from North Street.
For over 100 years, Hutton Brickyards helped to supply much needed building supplies for New York City. For more information about the history of the facility, watch the video below. Today the Brickyards are used as a high end event space featuring concerts, weddings and other types of performances.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center