Do You Own the Most Stolen Car? How to Help Prevent Theft
Do you have the number one stolen car in America? The website diving-tests.org, just released a video that shares the figures on stolen cars for 2018. Turns out the number one stolen used car is the Honda Civic, which barely edged out the Honda Accord.
The number one new car on the thieves most wanted list is the Nissan Altima. The most stolen pick up truck is the Ford F-150. How specifically does New York rank on this list of most stolen cars? The newest data, with a break down, shows the calendar year 2017. Keep in mind, each states statistics do vary.
- Honda Accord
- Honda Civic
- Toyota Camry
- Nissan Altima
- Honda CRV
- Ford Econoline 350 Tied with The Hyundai
- Hyundai Sonata
- Dodge Caravan
What is the month that the sees the most cars stolen? Nation-wide, that month is December, where over 250 cars are stolen per day. Why? Police say it is because people either leave their cars unlocked or leave them running with the keys in them because of the cold winter weather.
The advice from the police and more than likely, your insurance company? Keep your car locked if you are not in it.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America